Over the past 7 years, Raise India Foundation believes in providing all the resources to the needy to support & empower them to create their own fate. Raise India Foundation, among one of the most active NGO in India, works intensively through focused welfare projects in areas like education for poor children, healthcare for marginalized and vulnerable communities, community engagement through women empowerment, disaster management, skills training and livelihood for youth and save the environment. Raise India Foundation.
Women’s empowerment can be defined to promoting women’s sense of self-worth, their ability to determine their own choices, and their right to influence social change for themselves and others..
Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) have been recognized as an effective strategy for the empowerment of women in rural as well as urban areas as they bring together women from all walks of life to fight for their cause. SHGs work on a variety of issues like health, nutrition, agriculture, forestry, income generation activities, seeking micro credit and so on..
Since the overall empowerment of women is vitally dependent on economic empowerment, we are involved in the following activities to empower women:
- Educating and creating awareness among women especially the rural women;
- Supplements efforts of government in women empowerment;
- Promotes the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for empoweringwomen;
- Creates leadership qualities among women and ensures their participation in their empowerment.
- Represents the problems faced by rural women to the concerned authorities and carries out impact assessment of the policy decisions affecting women.
- Mobilizes optimum resources and plans and implements the projects that have bearing upon women empowerment.